Tomorrow is the day of our next HUNSUG (Hungarian SharePoint User Group) meeting. This time, we’ll have two guest presenters: Michael Noel and Toni Frankola, with the following topics:
- Michael Noel: Virtualization of SharePoint 2010 Farm Architecture Server virtualization technologies have taken front stage recently and many organizations have begun to replace physical servers, including SharePoint servers, with virtualized machines. Virtualization of the 2007 wave of SharePoint Products and Technologies has been supported for some time, and many 2007 farms have been successfully virtualized over the years. With a new version of SharePoint, however, come new best practices and new techniques for virtualization of SharePoint. This session focuses specifically on SharePoint Server 2010 farm virtualization, and how components of a SharePoint 2010 environment can be successfully virtualized. Included in the discussion are new virtualization High Availability options such as Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Live Migration of SharePoint guest sessions as well as time-tested design architecture examples using integrated SharePoint failover techniques.
- Learn the best practices for virtualizing the new architectural elements of a SharePoint 2010 farm
- Examine real world designs of virtualized SharePoint farms of varying sizes and functions
- Understand how to properly size a SharePoint environment by reviewing real world sizing guidelines for virtual hosts, guests, server and storage infrastructure
- Toni Frankola: Building SharePoint 2010 Applications with InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010 SharePoint is an ideal platform for rapid application development. In this session we are going to discuss how to build a SharePoint application with InfoPath and SharePoint Designer. We are going to demonstrate various no-code or almost-no-code techniques while we build a small-business Invoicing / CRM system stored in SharePoint. We will also cover best practices when developing with InfoPath, new features introduced with in Office 2010, differences between InfoPath and InfoPath browser enabled forms and differences between various SharePoint 2010 editions.
Besides the personal meeting, we’ll also broadcast the presentations online at http://devportal.hu/tv, 16:00 CET (10:00 EST) November 19, 2010. (Although the language of this site is Hungarian, the meeting’s language will be English, of course!)
See you tomorrow!